Friday, July 25, 2008

Looking Forward to Eternity

I guess you shouldn't spend so much time looking forward to things. Either you get disappointed because the thing never happens. Or it doesn't happen the way you imagined. But even if it does happen and is all you imagined-- even more!-- it happens and then it is over.

Tomorrow is my 26th birthday. I have been looking forward to it for as long as I can remember. Why my 26th? It's not 16, 18, 21, 30... No. But tomorrow I turn 26 on the 26th and this, my friends, is my Golden Birthday. Never heard of it? My family says I made up the idea... but I've been waiting for it an awfully long time. It will probably happen. It will probably not be what I imagined. And in about 26 hours it will all be over.

So it is that the only thing we can safely look forward to is to dwell with Christ in eternity, singing His praise. It will be more than I can ever imagine and it will never be over.

2 comments:

Sarandipity said...

Amen, sister!!

And no, you didn't make up the golden birthday idea. I've known about it for years (seeing as how I celebrated mine almost 10 years ago!). :)

-Aaron- said...

Hmm...cool! I learnt something.

I thought having a golden birthday meant turning a quarter century old, simply because my friend Ed wrote on his blog that he was golden on December 25, 2007. As it turns out, he wasn't just turning a quarter of a century old, but on the 25th, no less!

This being the case, I have been golden since the start of year two, double golden (at this point I'm making things up) at the start of year twelve. And will acheive *triple golden status* on my one-hundred-and-eleventieth birthday.

That logic being the case, you golden era IS NOT OVER! You have an entire year to be golden, to look forward to things. And this, i think, will be the Year That Changed Your Life.