Thursday, March 27, 2008

1001

1001... Before You Die.

Have you noticed this theme? It's everywhere. Just Google "1001 before you die" and you'll see what I mean." There's probably even a list of 1001 things to Google before you die. Question: If I see 1001 buildings, travel to 1001 places, visit another 1001 places in America, eat 1001 foods, watch 1001 movies, read 1001 books, see 1001 natural wonders, and hear 1001 albums... when am I going to take 1001 breaths in order to, I don't know, not die?

Well, if you get done with all those lists, I will come up with some more off the top of my head for your consideration. Then I will get them published as a book and become rich. So that I can travel to 1001 places...

1001 Men to Date Before You Die
1001 Political Parties to Belong to Before You Die
1001 English Grammar Rules to Break Before You Die
1001 Celebrities to Waste Your Time Following Before You Die
1001 Starbucks to Drink Cappuccinos In Before You Die
1001 Blade of Grass to Watch Grow Before You Die
1001 Cable TV Stations to Flip Through Before You Die
1001 Facebook Applications to Add Before You Die
1001 Songs With the Same Three Chords to Play On Your Guitar Before You Die
1001 Strange "Metaphysics" Books to Roll Your Eyes At Before You Die
1001 Ways to Avoid Going to the Gym Before You Die Prematurely

And don't miss the all-in-one volume:

1001 Lists of 1001 Things to Do Before You Die



I think I'd rather make up my own things to do before I die.
#1 Sleep well.

okay, I'll go work on that.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Katie,

I find all your blog posts thoroughly enjoyable. You are an excellent writer and deep thinker and very funny, too!

I am not biased.

Sarandipity said...

Hellooooo? It's been months since you last wrote and I'm going through withdrawals!! I think you should add "updating my blog" to your list of things to do before you die! :)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Katie!!!!!!!!!!! This is Hannah...I am trying to get a hold of you but your email isn't active. I still have the same email. If you don't have it contact Dana and I'll give it to her. Can't wait to talk!!!!!!!!!