Monday, August 31, 2009

Baby steps

I do not DO baby steps. I'm so much an all-or-nothing kind of girl. However, I'm attempting to take steps more appropriate to my size.
Thus:
I have been drinking water when I think of it, even if means having a paper cup around instead of a reusable water bottle which would be much more Palo Altan of me and even though it usually means drinking room temperature water.
I have been trying to take food for lunch and thus be less tempted to buy whatever crap is most readily available around the shopping center. PB&J may not seem like a great lunch to some people but we're going for improvement here, not perfection. It has protein and is not 8,000 calories. Add a string cheese and/or a boiled egg and voila: lunch. I may still go for a black bottom cupcake at Peet's, but at least they're small and don't have frosting. Also eating luna bars, since Target still sells the one good flavor.
Finally, I have been to the gym twice now and plan to go again tomorrow. I think I've figured out how to squeeze it in, and it does feel awfully good. Must invest in a few more tank tops, etc. My favorite shorts have disappeared as well. But at least now I can be seen in shorts. Before when I went to the gym I made myself wear sweats.
Now: to sleep. Early.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Good for you! Tank-tops are fun outside of the gym too... miss you!

Sarah P said...

Yeah, girl! I'm so proud of you!!!