Monday, September 12, 2011

On a happier note

If you recall January, I couldn't even get off the couch to do... anything. Eat, do laundry, talk to people. It is such a relief to be me again. It turns out I'm still here! The silly, slightly cynical, unique me is still here under all that depression and I can be productive! Not all the time, mind you. It was quite the battle to get some stuff done today and I still have things to do. Every day is still a battle not to fall back into depression but it's 3 million times easier than it was. Already today I've been to the gym, ate, cleaned the shower, put a bunch of laundry away, unpacked from a trip I took last week, made a playlist on youtube, and several other things that months ago I would have had to dig deeeeeep for the ability to attempt. I can't even count the gold stars.
Now it's off to the tailor and the grocery store before a good meal with protein, and evening walk, and some time to read. If only every day could be this good (sigh, work.)
Go, Katie! You can do it!

2 comments:

Dana K. said...

XOXO...it doesn't get any easier when you have a husband and a child. It's actually incredibly difficult to stay on the couch for days. I will pray for you on days when I'm feeling low if you'll promise to do the same. I've actually wanted to talk to you for awhile. I had an ah-ha moment, but I need to flesh out some thoughts before I bounce them off you.

Katie said...

I promise to pray for you, Dana dear, of course. And I'm here for idea bouncing any time.