Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I don't know why it is that we think that having a boy to hold us will make us feel better about ourselves. Why should a boy get to be in charge of our self-image? Hardly seems fair. But it's really not so easy as "Well then, just don't let it be that way." I hate answers like that. Want to know what a Whitworth answer would be? "Have you been in the Word?" Good gracious.

I'm (almost) perfectly aware that I will still be lonely even when I find love. But I will also have a nice fresh set of problems. Image staring at the same math problem over and over and over for 22 years and never finding the answer. Wouldn't it be refreshing just to have a new problem to look at?

I just want to fight with my husband because it will mean I have a husband to fight with. It's kind of like, you know you're not sick when you wish you were sick so that you could stay home. You know? Then when you're sick you would never have wished for it. But that doesn't seem to stop the wishing for it when you're well.

Does any of this ring true with anyone else or is it just me?

Anyway, I'm going to go look at that same problem for another 22 years...

No comments: