Monday, April 18, 2005

I don't really have anything to say. I just feel like saying it. I've had a cold for over a week now and I think my ears are going to explode. Snap. Crackle. Pop.
Work is going well. Today was one of my favorite kinds of days. I straightened the store, read for a while, checked in a bunch of books, shelved, read some more, saw Sarah McLachlan (um, yes), put out some new Schleich animals... All in the peace and quiet of working by myself and helping a few customers. I love my job.
This afternoon I read a whole bunch, took two naps, and watched 2 1/2 hrs of TV. I don't like any of the girls on The Bachelor. Just in case anyone wondered.
Mom and Emily came by for about 15 minutes today and saw that I haven't exaggerated one bit when I say how big Fitz is. He weighs 14.8 lbs and is tall and long and wide. He's still a kitten! What am I going to do with this beast? I just pretend that he isn't actually a cat, but some other animal that is naturally larger.

Mostly, I wonder how to go for walks and how to go out and take pictures, how to travel, how to write, what to write about, and just how to make life meaningful. Supposedly, I'm not supposed to stay inside so much. I've always liked it inside though. I guess, if I had company (and that's really the problem right there) I wouldn't mind sitting by some creek somewhere (with not too-tall grass and not too many bugs). As long as I could still just lie there for at least part of the time. I think just lying there is a great gift.

Speaking of having company, though, I don't know about the whole boyfriend/husband thing. I mean, really, who wants to have to be tied down to someone like that? One more person to tell me how to live, too. Sheesh. I went out to dinner with my roommate and her mom the other day after they both had lectures from their husbands. And then they tried to convince me to marry a man that I have about 2% desire to marry in the first place. Right.

Okay, well, I obviously have not had enough reading or sleep for the day, so I'm going to get ready for bed and then read some more. Hopefully since I played with Fitz for 1 1/2 of those 2 1/2 hrs of TV, he'll sleep tonight and I won't have to kick him out of my room.

Well, now wasn't that the most exciting blog ever??

1 comment:

Ari said...

Katie,

Thanks for giving me something to read :-) I think your life IS pretty exciting...