Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pain.

Pain. I'm in so much pain. Do you know what I think? Pain does not make you stronger. It just makes you hurt. I don't really think that. Pain does make you stronger. I've got a pretty high pain threshold and it's probably because I am in pain everyday. If I was just sitting around minding my own business and then suddenly one day I was in this much pain, just out of the blue, you know, I think I would cry like a baby and rush myself to the emergency room. But I don't. I go to work and I go to youthgroup and I go home. I do things with my friends, I sign on for extra things at church, I go hiking. Nonetheless, I am certainly capable of recognizing this as an abnormal amount of pain. Normally, at this point in the posting, I would worry that I'm whining. I'm not worried about that. No. Because I feel like I've been run over by a truck and while I was trying to stand up, some thugs came and beat me and left me for dead and while I was lying there I started to come down with the flu. Everything is touching me. Chairs, doorknobs, counters... They're pushing on me. Why do they do that? It hurts! This does not mean that I do not want people to touch me. When I am sick, beaten, and have been run over, I think I want a hug. Or a back rub (gentle, please). Or a hand on my arm (palms are better than fingers, thanks). Do I ice or use heat? Both? If I've already taken four ibuprofen, can I take two Excedrin? The rheumatologist I want to see isn't taking new patients. Not convenient. This is the worst bout of pain I've had in memory and I will take this opportunity to rant about it. My apologies to those reading it, but for heaven's sake-- Enough is enough, already.

I probably need some icecream and a puppy. I think it's worth a try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yah...gallbladder pain never made me stronger...it just made me hurt!!!