Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Some kind of unidentified feeling

Well, I'm just here to tell you (in case you hadn't noticed all by yourself) that I have nothing to say. I'm very boring. Nothing at all is going on my life. If there were anything to write about, my sister writes it first, and better. I'm in pain all the time, but even my sister is in worse pain more of the time. I can't even be miserable as well as she can. I'm just run-of-the-mill in pretty much every way imaginable. I'm short, I'm overweight, I have talents but they're nothing extraordinary. I'm a follower, a helper, a copy-cat. I know this entry sounds like I'm depressed, but I'm not. And I know that wasn't perfect grammar, but I don't care. The things I care about right now are people coming into my office uninvited, cute animal noses, sleeping, aching, babies, grilled cheese on sourdough, trees, weight, touch, and rain.
And now I have to go back to my aching, being sleepy, and doing my boring job.
This is not depression-- do not be confused. This is near-apathy plus frustration. That's all.
And by the way, it is not raining. It is snowing.

4 comments:

Sarandipity said...

Funny, but I've been thinking along the same lines. What on earth are we doing? Isn't there more than 9-5, food, sleep, and repeating it all over again? I know the Lord has plans for both of us (and, dang it, they're gonna include handsome, amazing, godly men!). But sometimes I wonder if there's something more to life that we're missing. Is all of "this stuff" that is our lives at the moment in preparation for something incredibly better ahead or is this what being an adult is all about and we just have to buck up and deal with it? I'm sure the former is true...at least I hope so! :)

Anonymous said...

I like you, Katie Lynn...

Anonymous said...

um, you ok?

I just got the BEST ecard probably ever, well, close to ever, and sounds like you need it. I'm sending it your way. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend! It's been too long, so i came to say hello. and to tell you that because of your brilliance and willingness to share books with me, i bought and gifted the hippo books to two beautiful babies named izzy and zach! I wanted to pass on your (and mine too!) love of books and cleverness. I've been thinking of you lately and will continue to do so, knowing that some day we will be reunited! i'm going to go read the "i like you" book now, because i like yoU! bye!