Monday, August 27, 2012

First World Problems

And another-- Dec 9, 2010, incomplete

I am here to complain. I am here to complain and also to acknowledge that I would miss the very things that I complain about, were they taken from me. But I am tired of having to acknowledge that. I'm tired of pain and suffering just on my own level here in priveleged upper-middle America. I'm tired of thinking about how I'm such a selfish person for even thinking I have any level of suffering here.

For instance: Dear Internet Explorer, I will condsider hating you less if you will consider crashing less. Sincerely, Katie.

Dear Katie, isn't it nice that you HAVE internet explorer? A computer? Fingers to type search words? A mind to think of search words? An education to have formed that mind? Isn't it great that you're sitting in your warm apartment worrying about any of this instead of somewhere wondering where your next meal will come from or how you will clothe your child?

No comments: